Greek Life, Service & Clubs
Joining Greek organizations or other campus groups can be a good way to meet people and build a social network. Students who are involved in social and service activities report having a better overall college experience. Just keep in mind that social activities offer many benefits, but they can also consume a lot of time and interfere with other obligations. Balance is key.
Think about your interests, background and goals to help identify potential organizations to join. Most college websites have an area where you can browse through organizations and activities. Make a list of the ones that interest you most and reach out for more information. Many organizations allow prospective members to attend certain events or meetings to learn more. Most schools also have a student activities fair at the beginning of each semester.
Whatever activities or organizations you choose to be involved in, use them as an opportunity to learn new things and meet new people. More than anything, college offers choices. This is your chance to choose activities that interest you and support your goals.
- 10 Things Rising Freshmen Can Do to Be Totally Ready for College
- Classes and Coursework: Tips for Success
- College and Drinking: Things to Keep in Mind
- Dealing with Setbacks
- Dorm Living
- Greek Life, Service & Clubs
- Keep Stress in Check
- Six Tips for Taking Control of Your Emotional Health
- Staying Connected
- The Importance of Wellness Philosophy & Services
- The Negative Effects of Stress
- Three Important Guidelines for Transitioning with a Diagnosed Condition
- Transferring Treatment to College
- What Every Student Needs to Know